Cyclists getting ready before last years event
Please, you must read the following Terms and Conditions before clicking the Agree and Continue button at the bottom to register and pay.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
Disclaimer: I agree not to hold the Rotary Club of Euroa Inc. its officers, staff and agents liable whatsoever for any accident or injury to myself or my child who is legally in my custody, this includes any loss or damage to property. I further authorise event organisers to obtain medical/ambulance assistance in the case of accident or emergency involving the above persons and agree to bear any costs thereby incurred. I have read, understood, and agree to the Privacy statement.
Rules & Safety
The Ride the Ranges Euroa cycle event is held on public roads in the Strathbogie Shire area. It is therefore important that participants use caution at all times and ride in a protective manner, constantly scanning the environment to be aware of what is happening around them.
For the safety of other cyclists, volunteers, local residents and the general community all participants must abide by the road rules and obey police directions at all times.
Ride Within the Law
Police will be on the road to fine those that disobey the road rules.
• Always ride on the left-hand side of the road.
• Riders MUST not ride more than 2 abreast and must keep as left as possible to minimise risk from vehicles approaching from behind and attempting to pass (2 abreast does not mean they should consume the whole lane)
• Listen to and obey directions of Police and course Marshalls/Volunteers.
• Riders must use hand signals if turning left or right, or stopping.
• Riders must only overtake to the right of another rider and call our ‘passing’ when doing so.
• Riders should always look behind before pulling out to overtake another rider.
• It is the Rider’s responsibility to follow the sign-posted route.
• Give way to pedestrians at crossings and when turning at intersections.
• Wear bright clothing that increases your visibility to other road users.
• Always wear your helmet correctly fitted when cycling.
You agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Ride the Ranges Euroa Waiver
RIDE THE RANGES EUROA AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY WAIVER (this “Agreement and Waiver”)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT CAREFULLY, AS IT AFFECTS YOUR FUTURE LEGAL RIGHTS. BY PROCEEDING WITH REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND FULLY UNDERSTOOD THE AGREEEMENT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS SET FORTH BELOW.
In consideration of being permitted to register and /or participate in, including without limitation by observing, the activities for which you are registering (the “Event”), on behalf of yourself and any personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, successors and next of kin, you understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
1. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. You represent and warrant Ride the Ranges Euroa that you have full legal authority to complete the registration for the Event, including this Agreement and Waiver, on behalf of yourself and /or any party for whom you are registering (the “Registered Parties”), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. As used in this Agreement and Waiver, Ride the Ranges Euroa refers to Euroa Rotary Club Inc and any and all subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entities that control or are controlled by Ride the Ranges Euroa singly or together and its and each of their officers, employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns.
If you are registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of that party and have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement and Waiver on their behalf and by proceeding with registration for the Event you agree that the terms of this Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all of the Registered Parties.
2. ASSUMPTION OR RISK. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, YOU ASSUME FULL AND COMPLETE RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR ACCIDENT WHICH MAY OCCUR DURING THE EVENT, WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PREMISES OF THE EVENT, OR WHILE YOU ARE TRAVELLING TO OR FROM THE EVENT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT IS HAZARDOUS, AND THAT YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER AND PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU ARE MEDICALLY ABLE AND PROPERLY TRAINED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE EVENT MAY BE HELD OVER PUBLIC ROADS AND FACILITIES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE EVENT AND UPON WHICH HAZARDS ARE TO BE EXPECTED. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT CARRIES WITH IT CERTAIN INHERENT RISKS AND DANGERS THAT CANNOT BE ELIMINATED COMPLETELY RANGING FROM RISK OF MINOR INJURIES TO CATASTROPHIC INJURIES INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND DEATH. YOU ARE AWARE OF AND ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RISKS OF PERMANENT INJURY OR DEATH DUE TO FALLS, OBSTACLES, CONTACT WITH OTHER PARTICIPANTS, ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS, EFFECT OF WEATHER, TRAFFIC AND CONDITIONS OF ANY ROAD.
3. Representations. You represent and warrant that you are in good physical condition, are able to safely participate in the Event and have no medical condition that would make your participation in the Event more hazardous. You consent to medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to you and understand this Agreement and Waiver extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency and/or injury. You agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, to follow any instructions or directions provided to you by Ride the Ranges Euroa or the Event organizer and to abide by any decision of any Event official relative to your ability to safely participate in or attend the Event. You understand and agree that you are expected to exhibit appropriate behaviour at all times while at the Event and to obey all local, state and federal civil and criminal laws while participating in or attending the Event. This includes, generally, respect for other people, equipment, facilities or property. You agree that Event officials may dismiss you, without refund, should your behaviour endanger the safety of or negatively affect the Event. You understand and agree that neither Ride the Ranges Euroa nor the Event organiser is responsible for any personal item or property that is lost, damaged or stolen at the Event. You understand and agree that the Event organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event in the event of weather (including, but not limited to, heat, tornadoes, earthquakes, fires, storms, lightning and floods), accidents, acts of war or terrorism, military conflicts or riots or for any reason that would affect the safety and security of Event participants and spectators. In the event of such cancellation, there will be no refund of your payment unless authorised by the Event organiser.
4. RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY. YOU HERBY WAIVE, RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE RIDE THE RANGES EUROA AND ALL OTHER PERSONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT, FOR ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST THEM ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF THE ABOVE PARTIES (INCLUDING ANY NEGLIGENT RESCUE ATTEMPT), THE ACTION OR INACTION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE PARTIES OR OTHERWISE.
RIDE THE RANGES EUROA, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF RIDE THE RANGES EUROA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE RIDE THE RANGES EUROA SITES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE RIDE THE RANGES EUROA SITES; (C) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION OR PROGRAM COORDINATED BY RIDE THE RANGES EUROA; (D) PERSONAL INJURY NOT CAUSED BY RIDE THE RANGES EUROA’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE; (E) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (F) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE RIDE THE RANGES EUROA SITES; (G) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE RIDE THE RANGES EUROA SITES, OR RIDE THE RANGES EUROA PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; OR (H) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT. YOU AGREE THAT RIDE THE RANGES EUROA ‘S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ANY REASON OR CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL OF MONIES RECEIVED BY RIDE THE RANGES EUROA FROM YOU.
5. INDEMNITY. YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS RIDE THE RANGES EUROA AND ALL OTHER PERSONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT, FROM ALL DAMAGES, COSTS (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES), CLAIMS AND DEMANDS MADE BY ANY PARTY AGAINST THEM ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (A) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES, COSTS, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF THE ABOVE PARTIES (INCLUDING ANY NEGLIGENT RESCUE ATTEMPT), THE ACTION OR INACTION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE PARTIES, (B) YOUR USE OF RIDE THE RANGES EUROA OR (C) ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND/OR THE TERMS OF SERVICE LOCATED AT http://www.ridetherangeseuroa.org.au.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF RIDE THE RANGES EUROA’ SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’ BASIS. RIDE THE RANGES EUROA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE RIDE THE RANGES EUROA SITES’ SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. RIDE THE RANGES EUROA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIEED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MECHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTIULAR PURPOSE OR NON-COMPLETENESS OR ANY INFORMATION IN, OR PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH, THE RIDE THE RANGES EUROA SITES. RIDE THE RANGES EUROA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
7. Applicable Law; Consent to Jurisdiction. You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Victoria, Australia, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Ride the Ranges Euroa relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of the State of Victoria, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Victoria in connection with any such dispute including any claim involving Ride the Ranges Euroa or its subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entities that control or are controlled by Ride the Ranges Euroa singly or together and its and each of their officers, employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents and each of their agents, representatives, successors, and assigns.
8. Severability. You further expressly agree that this Agreement and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by applicable law, and if any provision of this Agreement and Waiver is held to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction for any reason whatsoever, (a) the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement and Waiver (including without limitation, all portions of any provisions containing any such enforceable provision that are not themselves unenforceable) shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby, and (b) to the fullest extent possible, the unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified and replaced by a provision that approximates the intent and economic effect of the unenforceable provision and the Agreement and Waiver shall be deemed amended accordingly.
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER, YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
To continue, you must agree to the terms and conditions outlined above.
You agree to the above waiver(s).
Agree and Continue